To be considered for funding from our Sempra Employee Giving Network Council fund, qualifying organizations must:
- Be a health and human-services organization or provide health and human services to a community in need.
- Be a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) organization (You must provide proof of tax-exempt status.)
Program support guidelines
We prefer to:
- Make contributions to organizations in the area of health and human services.
- Fund specific programs, projects, services or events that help people or organizations in need. This can include programs that support health and human services through avenues that may not qualify based on the organization’s primary mission. Examples may include the following:
- Companion, service or rescue animals that are trained to enhance the lives of people with disabilities or struggling with mental health issues;
- Arts programs specifically focused on a health and human services need (ex. art workshops for children with long hospital stays);
- Character development programs that specifically focus on underserved and/or at-risk youth.
We generally don't provide funds for:
- Endowment funds
- Private foundations, United Way or other federated campaigns
- Programs or activities that are discriminatory based upon age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disabilities, race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, or political affiliation.
- General operating support
- Travel, loans or loan guarantees, or liquidation costs
- Capital or construction campaigns
- Furniture, fixtures, carpeting, appliances or other such equipment
- Gas or electricity costs
- Multi-year commitments
If you have questions or need more information, please contact us.